Digital Single Market consultations and Horizon 2020 calls launched
- Regulatory environment for platforms, online intermediaries, data and cloud computing and the collaborative economy (“platform consultation” until 30/12/15): To look at the economic role of online platforms (e.g. search engines, social media), the liability of intermediaries as regards illegal content hosted online, how to improve the free flow of data in the EU and to build a European Cloud
- Evaluation and the review of the regulatory framework for electronic communications networks and services (“Telecoms consultation” until 07/12/15): To look at investments in network, spectrum policy, OTT services, governance.
- Needs for Internet speed and quality beyond 2020 (until 07/12/15): To develop public policy to accompany investors in the deployment of connectivity networks.
- Modernisation of VAT for cross-border e-commerce: To address the challenges of companies that have to deal with many different national tax system when trading cross-border both online and offline.
Horizon 2020 calls
- Prevention, detection, response and mitigation of the combination of physical and cyber threats to the critical infrastructure of Europe
- Digital security related calls, including topics such as privacy, data protection, cryptography, certification for trustworthy and secure ICT