The CENTRstats Global TLD Report Q4/2020 has been published and report covers the global status and registration trends in all top-level domains (legacy gTLDs, new gTLDs and ccTLDs), with an additional focus on the European ccTLD market. 2020 was a historic year in that the median growth of European country-code domains (ccTLDs) reached a 6-year high of 4.4%.
Click here to view the online, interactive report.
Highlights from the report
- The median retail price for a European ccTLD domain is 10.8 EUR and remained largely stable over 2020;
- 44% of CENTR member ccTLDs have ‘high content’ domains, compared to 22% over the top 100 gTLDs;
- The median market share by local registrations is 64% in favour of the national ccTLD in Europe;
- There not as much growth in Asia Pacific ccTLDs compared with Europe;
- Growth has been slow among geographic gTLDs.
The pdf version of the report can be found here.