The CENTRstats Global TLD Report 2020/2 is out!
The CENTRstats Global TLD Report Q2/2020 has been published. The report covers the status and trends in top-level domains with a focus on European ccTLDs (country code top-level domains). The pdf version of the report can be found here.
Highlights from the report
- Over Q2, particularly high rates of new domain sales were recorded in .ie, .fr, .es and .ro;
- ccTLDs make up an estimated 61% of the market across Europe;
- There was an 8.7% increase of Facebook users from the previous quarter.
- At the end of Q1 2020, the global market was estimated at 375 million domains under management with a split of 66% to gTLDs and 34% to ccTLDs;
- Median domain growth for Q1 2020 was recorded at 0.7% ;
- The top 10 gTLDs represent 92% of all gTLDs.