CENTR, the association of European country code top-level domain (ccTLD) registries, such as .at for Austria or .es for Spain, is looking for a consultant to take on the role of CENTR European TLD ISAC (Information Sharing and Analysis Centre) Coordinator.
CENTR provides a platform for exchange and cooperation between its members. Its members’ main goal is to manage a secure and efficiently run top-level domain.
The goal of the European TLD ISAC will be to provide a secure environment for European ccTLD registries and (at a later stage) European gTLD registries, registrars and service providers to exchange security-related information, data and collaborate on best practices.
In the first two years, the European TLD ISAC will be a Working Group within CENTR. After that incubation phase, the ISAC will likely become an independent organisation.
The coordinator will be crucial to keep things moving, to support consensus building and ensure a smooth flow of information. As the first years will be focussed on the growth of the ISAC, these are exciting times for the coordinator to join us.
- The coordinator’s role will include:
- Meeting preparation for both the monthly ISAC Working Group meetings and for the quarterly Steering Committee meetings (estimated at 14 days per year)
- Supporting the task forces to be formed in the ISAC (estimated at 8 days per year)
- Overseeing up to 2 research projects per year (estimated at 10 days per year)
- Taking on the role of Editor for ISAC publications (estimated at 6 days per year)
- Document repository maintenance (estimated at 2 days per year)
- Reporting from external meetings (ENISA, EU ISAC coordination meetings, cybersecurity conferences, …), the majority of which take place online (estimated at 10 days per year)
- Preparing activity reports for the wider CENTR community (estimated at 2 days per year)
The coordinator will report to the Chair of the EU TLD ISAC Working Group and cooperate closely with the CENTR Secretariat. The bulk of the work in the Working Group will be done by its members.
- Substantive experience in managing Working Groups composed of a variety of members and interests within a membership-based organisation
- Track record of successfully reaching consensual decisions within Working Groups
- Experience with procedures and processes (incl. work plans) within Working Groups to reach tangible outcomes
- Experience with engaging and integrating all participants into these processes
- Hands-on experience with project management tools is a plus
- Able to translate at times complex issues into understandable messages and publications
- Experience in the field of cybersecurity is a plus but not a necessity
It is currently envisaged that the role will require 52 days for the first year (March 2023 - March 2024), but this will be finetuned on a quarterly basis. Workload is expected to fluctuate. You will be able to identify weeks with no workload in coordination with the Working Group Chair.
Support for certain tasks (e.g. planning and setting up calls, communications support and data analysis support) will be provided by the CENTR Secretariat.
While the work can be done remotely, CENTR can provide office space for the duration of the contract if required. Most meetings will take place online and no travel is required. Optional travel needs to be discussed with and approved by the Working Group Chair. Additional expenses (e.g. meeting fees, travel, outreach) will be pre-approved by the CENTR Secretariat.
We will give preference to individuals applying for the role, but organisations can apply, provided they identify the individual that will be the single point of contact for the duration of the contract.
The initial contract will have a one-year term, but can be renewed in mutual agreement.
For a non-Belgian successful applicant, CENTR will use a reverse charge VAT declaration.
The award method will be based on the best price-quality ratio.
In the expression of interest, please specify:
- Relevant experience
- Daily rate
- Availability (days of the week)
- 1 reference from a client for a similar project including a short description of that project and contact details of the client.